All UK-based clinics licensed by the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) must conform to strict medical, legal and ethical standards. By donating your eggs through one of these clinics (even if you donate to someone you know) your legal parenthood is as follows:
- You will not be the legal parent of any child born as a result of your donation.
- You will have no legal obligation to any child born from your donation.
- You will not be named on the child’s birth certificate.
- You will not have any rights over how the child will be brought up.
- You will not be asked to support the child financially.